Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Tyranids available for pre-order!!

First off, my attempts to post in the past year have been nonexistent. So to begin the new year let us get started with one awesome and long awaited post...

Codex-Tyranids.jpg (873×627)


New codex, models (mostly) and psychic powers. Overall upon reading multiple rumors and now after seeing the actual models I can honestly say this has been my favorite release for sixth edition thus far. Harpy at long last has a model and the alternate build for the Crone, the new AA flying monstrous creature also looks really nice. The one kit I am not too please with is the new Exocrine/Haruspex combo kit. I feel that the designers fell a bit flat and dry with these sculpts. The Exocrine looks like a Termgant and a Biovore had a kid and pumped it full of steroids. The stance and detail just aren't as dynamic as most for me. The Haruspex looks just... weird... The mouth and multiple tentacles although definitely unique and different, just don't look right. 

The new Hive Guard/Tyrant Guard kit is a welcome addition, with a new gun option for the Hive Guard and all weapon options (as well as the new crushing claws) for the Tyrant Guard. At first glance with the leaked photos I wasn't a fan of either sculpt but the fact they are now in plastic I can't complain. The Warriors look overall to be a nice rehash of the old 3rd edition sculpts that I love so much. Now with options to finally equip the warriors with all weapon biomorphs it looks like my 30+ warriors will look a bit outdated now. 

As for the codex, I have seen some leaked images and rules but so far won't comment on that until I see the codex in its entirety. My hope is that Tyranids will somehow bring assault back into 6th edition and help to curb multiple lists that currently rule the tabletop.

Om nom nom nom!!!!

No comments: