Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm on a boat!

L'orenoque
http://www.modelexpo-online.com/product.asp?ITEMNO=MV23W

The above link is an image of a model sail and steam ship. It is actually a kit that goes for about $500.

Never fear I won't be buying anything like that... anytime soon. What I will be doing is using it as inspiration. Remember that board I said I was working on? I mentioned pictures? The pictures were full of lies but the board was not. It falls on my shoulders to add to the harbor scene the raiding vessel!

Here's the plan:

  • Steam and sail ship
  • 7" wide by 26-27" long
  • 2 masts
  • 2 decks
  • 6 guns (3 on each side)
  • wide open deck space so raiding player can set up her/his forces on the ship with enough room
  • paddle wheel will be one large wheel in the back of the ship with the engine room also in the back with the exhaust pipes coming out at 45 degrees
  • fore section will be built up if time allows
Construction
  1. foam core base
  2. office depot stirring sticks for wooden planks
  3. balsa wood dowels for masts
  4. aaaaaand I'm still working on the rest, more to come

No comments: