Sunday, November 7, 2010

Last few weeks work...


Found this from another Tyranid Player. Apparently his kid found it at Toys'R'Us and it had a baby Dragon in it... Kid didn't want the egg... Looks like I will be making a trip to Toys'R'Us to pick about 4 of these up to make new and improved pods...








Brian's Wave Serpent that I helped him paint this weekend to get him started on his Eldar. For my first vehicle ever, it's not too bad.





Another view...













My Nid's that I have completed painting these last few weeks....




3 4th edition Raveners (Pewter).













2 Lictor's and 1 Deathleaper (camo legs)...













8 Ymgarl Genestealers...













10 Gargoyles....














3 Pyrovores...















1 Trygon Prime...... god this thing took forever....




Next on the agenda for painting includes ... 10 more Gargs... 6 Warriors with Boneswords.... 1 Tervigon.




5 comments:

Brewmaster said...

Check the Swarm page for a listing of what is painted/what needs to be painted. The list is fairly daunting....

(sad face)

J said...

That's a big post.

Drop pods: it is always awesome when you can find something that simple to make something that awesome. Are you going to play it as is or are you going to paint over it?

Wave serpent: that turned out nicely. The simple color scheme and clean edges reinforces that clean, futuresque (ipodesque) sleek look and feel. The white edges and black plates give it an almost film negative look. Keeping with a simple paint scheme makes it easier to reproduce and then you could even go back later if you're feeling adventurous and free-hand some details in there.

Nids:

"This is what I have left......

1 Swarmlord
1 Winged Hive Tyrant (Under construction)
1 Alpha Warrior
1 Tyrant Guard
3 Hive Guard
1 Lictor (Under Construction)
3 Venomthropes
9 Warriors with Boneswords
5 Warriors with Rending Claws
4-5 Warriors with various guns
1 Tervigon
1 Broodlord
5 Ripper Swarms
12 various Genestealers
48 Hormagaunts
40 Termagants
20 Gargoyles
6 Ravners
3 Old school Raveners
3 Shrikes
1 Carnifex
1 Mawloc
1 Trygon (under construction)"

Damn! Where'd you get all them bugs?! I have no doubt you'll get throught them eventually but how on Earth do you intend to transport them around?

Painting-wise I'm impressed with the tan-blue and dark-purple/maroon (magenta?) accent. Mostly I like the blue and white upper carapace with the lower, light-dark tan to contrast it.

Hive Fleet Hellmouth will be fully painted eventually, just keep slugging away at it!

Brewmaster said...

I have amassed a large number of bugs in the recent year but I have had quite a few bugs that I have collected back since 2nd and 3rd edition. A lot of the units for 3rd edition the models didn't change (Gaunts, Warriors, Rippers) so I didn't have to completely replace everything in my army. I even have recycled all of my old Genestealers from 2nd edition with plans to include most of my old 2nd edition models as well.

I bought a lot of bugs back at the beginning of 5th edition and started to paint them the scheme that I have now. Granted my skills have improved in the past 2 years and the models I can paint now are drastically different and much better.

I definately spent a pretty penny recently with the new codex release and the new kits that became available. That being said my swarm to some degree is basically complete. I will paint up what I have now and eventually might add 1 or 2 more big bugs to the army. Someday I probably need to see how many points I actually own.

J said...

Bio titan?

Brewmaster said...

Some day. I'm considering making my own.