Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Niffty Spore Pod/Happy New Year/Tyranid thoughts

First up, I found this while I was browsing the other night. I don't think I would buy one but it definitely will be an inspiration for my Toys 'r 'us conversions.

http://www.mrdandy.com/wargamma-spawn-seed/

Secondly, happy new year to everyone! Here is to another great year!

Third, I have been planning to purchase my own 'Battlefoam' so that I can transport my precious Nids without damaging them. I know the foam is expensive but I have found that with Tyranids they have too many eccentric arms, unusual poses, and spiky bitz that tend to make standard pluck foam or regular foam trays useless (Hormagaunts are a pain). I hope to have the foam by the upcoming tourney so I can transport my bugs in style/protection.

The first 3 Tyranid Shrikes have their wings and are ready to create havoc on the battlefield! Pics to come! On a positive note I have completed 96% assembly on all tyranids that I own and 46% of them are painted!! Whoooooo......

1 comment:

J said...

That spore pod is pretty impressive. I especially like the tentacles coming off it. HOWEVER! A sport pod is meant to drop out of the sky yes? So why are the models always upright? Wouldn't anything coming out of orbit be at an angle so as not to burn up on entry?

Yeesh, I'm pressing science into science fiction. There's probably a bad word for what I just did...

96% completion of your models is impressive. And 46% painted is even more so. I calculated out my values and... well... let's not embarrass ourselves with numbers...