Wednesday, December 29, 2010

3000 point Tyranid List

So, after weeks of designing lists I have settled on my list for the 3k tourney in January. The list is designed to act as a giant bio-ball of units moving together to maximize effectiveness. I designed it to confront Dark Eldar (which I expect will be about 50% of the people at the tourney), Space Marines of all types (probably going to see lots of Blood Angels, with a few Wolves), as well as Imp. Guard. I believe in creating a list using a variety of units in order to see if my opponent is smart enough to target the right threats. Remember we can have 1 additional force org. chart slot for all choices (i.e. 3 HQ's, 7 Troops, 4 Elites, etc.). I also wanted to try and include as many of my painted models as possible. Any critiques or other suggestions would be helpful.

List #1)

HQ
Swarmlord
Tyrant Guard with Lashwhips (2)

Troops
Termagants (16)
Tervigon with Toxin Sacs & Catalyst
Warriors with Boneswords/Lashwhips, Scything Talons (5)
Hormagaunts with Toxin Sacs (20)
Warriors with Scything Talons, Deathspitters & 1 Barbed Strangler (5)
Genestealers with Scything Talons (10)
Ripper Swarms (5)

Elites
Hive Guard (3)
Hive Guard (3)
Zoanthropes in Spore Pod (3)
Venomthropes (2)

Fast Attack
Gargoyles with Adrenal Glands (20)
Raveners with Scything Talons & Rending Claws (4)

Heavy Support
Trygon Prime
Tyrannofex with Rupture Cannon
Biovores (3)

105 models strong, composing of 19 kill points...

1 comment:

J said...

I like how the unit sizes are large enough such that you're not going to be feeding dark eldar units that'll turn into pain counters.