Monday, August 16, 2010

Conversion Gift Ideas

I got to thinking that I wanted to try my hand at converting some different figures and see what results I could come up with. Since both Eldar and Necrons have great imagery and models that I find interesting I was thinking I would give this a shot if you guys would be interested. Basically I am asking if you would want something converted what would it be? I have some ideas that I think would be neat to try out but feel free to provide your own opinion.

Eldar

Custom-made Warp Spiders = I know Brian that you already bought a small box of 6 of these buggers but those static poses are just ridiculous! I was thinking of kit bashing a Necron warrior kit (left over bitz to be used for possible Necron conversions) and the Eldar Guardian kit with some of those red plastic rods to replace the green ones. As far as the Jump Packs I don't know yet but I will find somesort of representation (Blood Angel jump packs might work).

Necrons

Custom-made Immortals = Okay in my opinion the Immortal should be much bigger than the current model. I think it should be roughly the size of a Tyranid Warrior (40mm base) and be 2x the size of a Necron Warrior. As far as converting these bad boys I haven't the foggiest yet but I want to try. I figured if I was going to be converting some Warp Spiders and using the guns from that kit that I would go ahead and use the leftovers to try and make some sort of Immortal squad. There are some Tyranid bitz that could be used that look somewhat mechanical so we shall see...

High Elves

Sorry J, I don't really have an interest here but.... the PHOENIX sounds awesome!!! I might try that sometime!

Vamps

Meh.....


So there are some thoughts. Let me know if there is something in particular you would like to see or try and we'll figure out a plan of attack.

2 comments:

J said...

Funny you should mention that because popular rumor INSISTS that the new Necron immortals will be much bigger with the 40mm bases.

I'm not holding my breath.

You would almost have to build a new chassis for the entire model. I've envisioned the new Necrons to take a COMPLETE departure from the current line. These are supposed to be robots encapsulating an enslaved race. Like Cylon centurions but resurrected against their will.

I've toyed with the idea of building a wire frame skeleton, adding twine or something rope-like to build up the body and then adding plasticard to make a plated armor. The rope material would be painted to look like huge series of cables.

OR

Alternatively you could use the Tomb King Ushabti (currently metal models unfortunately) and do some heavy converting to change them to look more robotic to make immortals.

As for the High Elves? I'd like to see female models as a standard line trooper. Honestly, they are supposed to be a citizen levy of a race that has few numbers. Why aren't their more female models?

Additionally a female high elf prince and/or mage would be interesting too.

J said...

Vampires: the varghulf! RAWR!