Tuesday, August 17, 2010

High elf production

As promised, the results of my kit:



My battle standard bearer mounted. The base is covered in spackle and sealed with glue. I thought it made it look windswept or like a lava flow or something. No idea what I was doing really but it seemed like a good idea at the time. We'll see how it turns out once painted.





Prince/Noble on foot. This one wears the Armor of Caledor or Silvered Steel giving him the 2+ armor save on foot, nothing to scoff at really. I gave him an axe and the head off of the White Lion Chariot kit making him look, well angry. I wanted a fierce leader and the other High Elf heads look... ridiculous with those ornate helmets. Ellyrian reavers at least make sense with all the feathers but the wings and the sculpted dragon is too much. The long hair and braided top knot with the yelling give him a more aggressive look.

Someday I'd like to pose him jumping forward, axe overhead, ready to swing down at the enemy!

This week: there will be no goals this week as I am going camping. Fear not! Provided bears don't eat me or anything my soldering iron should be waiting for me when I get back. SO! Next week will be to make a skeleton for the phoenix!

2 comments:

Brewmaster said...

The pissed Prince looks good. I must admit I hate the ridiculous hats on High Elf models. That was one of the major turn offs I had with that army. Explain how the basing is going to work for your elves? Are you thinking of molding some sort of flames at the feet of each model? If so that would be pretty neat! I am having a hard time trying to come up with some sort of way that would work?? I will have to experiment too.

J said...

The basing will have to involve quasi raised areas that will look like dark rock. The cracks in between them will be red to give the ground a firey look.

OR

You know the peppers you get from pizza places? The seasoning kind looks like dark red, yellow, and brown leaves. They might actually look good giving the ground an Autumn look that will blend well with the fire theme.