Friday, August 20, 2010

Conversions for Though.

Instead of flooding your e-mail boxes with my rants I'm going to put them here as "Conversions for Thought."

Recall, brusidos, Final Fantasy Tactics. Remember summoners? They would bring a big ass monster into play to call down an attack and that was it. Then in FFX you could bring one in but then the rest of your party pretty much sat the battle out until the enemy died
of the summoned monster did.

Well, why couldn't this be applied to the warhammer world? Why is there no summoning magic? Overpowered perhaps? How could you run something like that? I thought it would be an interesting concept to look into for the future. Especially if you wanted to go out and convert/create some big monsters of your own that do not appear in the warhammer world. Which reminds me!

Ever look through the Lord of the Rings figures? Lots of nice pieces in there that would be ideal for conversion pieces for your own army. I could see myself using some of the elf models for my own high elf army. The wood elves (Lord of the Rings) actually come in large quantities if you're in the mood to convert them over. AND some of their undead models look particularly impressive and would look brilliant in a vampire counts army.

4 comments:

Brewmaster said...

The LOTR figures are actually really cool. I own a Rohan army which I have expanded and started to paint up as well. (Got 75% of it for $40. Around $250-300 worth of models). The only problem with using those figures include that they are a bit smaller than the WHFB figures. The plastic kits are also really easy to assemble. The kits are so basic you just clip the models off the sprues and glue them into the bases and Presto! Some models come in 2 parts, such as long spears or arms/shields, but most are 1 piece kits. Conversions are difficult for these kits but not impossible.

The elves are particularly awesome! I have considered snagging a few boxes to have as an ally formation. When I play War of the Ring I typically run lots of cavalry with some bows and large blocks of cheap infantry. Elves would be nice for some extra shooty goodness.

Brewmaster said...

As far as summoning magic goes... if you want to summon stuff play vamps :P. Although that would be pretty neat to have some sort of summoning magic in the game.

J said...

Bah, LOTR are solid figure pieces and smaller? No wonder they are so much cheaper. How disappointing.

And double bah, I don't want to summon skeletons, I want to summon... gigantic cthulian monstrosities or heavily armored angels, etc. Something to where you have to have a custom monster model out on the field.

Brewmaster said...

If you want to summon angels and weird monsters I suggest playing Magic the Gathering. :P

I do agree that some form of summoning magic would be neat. The chaos demons already are an incarnation of that. The thing is other races should have incarnations of their own gods/goddesses.

The wood elves have Orion which is basically the God of the Hunt in a semi-mortal form. Ariel is the goddess of the woods as well but maybe we could have some other beasts or creatures of the wild.