Monday, September 20, 2010

LOTR - No way!/other painting updates

So I got some major motivation to do some serious painting this weekend and it's not painting 'Nids, Elves, or Warriors....

I picked up my Rohan/Gondorian soldiers that have yet to be painted and started doing some basic work on them.

I am currently working on my Gondorian Rangers with hopes to touch the Faramir model as well. This should be my first officially painted LOTR unit once completed. I am trying to keep the scheme as simple as possible to make painting go by faster. My color palette is currently around 5 colors with a 50/50 double wash once completed. Overall the first few test models didn't turn out half bad. I expect to try my hand on finishing up some Riders of Rohan next week.

On a side note, I have started my first Gargoyle to try and get my scheme for those straightened away. The test model is currently about 75% complete and its not looking too bad!

Other painting projects in which I finished included 8 Genestealers which were all in various stages of painting, and started another group of 16 Termagaunts.

That is my hobby update for the weekend. What about you guys?

2 comments:

J said...

How interesting... Say how do the sizes of the models compare to WHFB? I've always liked some of the LOTR models but heard they were smaller. Also are they kits or are they solid piece models?

Brewmaster said...

The models are smaller than WHFB and 40k. To compare them I would say that an average soldier is a bit shorter and smaller than an Imperial Guardsman, but not by much. The kits are really simple and are made so that people can get to playing much quicker and assemble massive hosts really fast! The kits are almost all 1 piece models with some models being more than one piece. They aren't very convertable but are still decent models.