Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sunday Afternoon's Alright for Football?

Bloodbowl is awesome. If you don't agree then you're wrong and I don't think I can be seen in public with you.

The game takes maybe 30-60 minutes to play. Bloodbowl is much more like rugby than football Americano. It affords you the opportunity to make fantastic conversions. Instead of points each player is worth a certain amount of money. The game is actually based on playing a season in a league so your players can gain experience, purchase new players, or your players can DIE HORRIBLY!

Orcs vs. High Elves 1.1 Million Dollars (or whatever currency)

I really won't go into details but orcs are brutal and they can bring a troll. Most of the game was spent smashing elves into the turf while the elves ran around them.
  • The orcs got the first touchdown after beating the crap out of the elf with the ball, taking it, and then running it in.
  • The elves scored after by throwing a very desperate pass but making it (if only).
  • The elves would have scored again but the runner fell over right before the end zone and died. How did this happen, you ask? Each model has a set movement but you can move two more squares as long as you DON'T ROLL A ONE. On my second move I rolled a one. Every time you got down you opponent rolls against your armor. If they pierce your armor they roll to see what happens to you on a 2D6. 1-9 is stunned, 10-11 is seriously injured, 12 is dead (those rolls might be off). Needless to say my elf fell over and died right in front of the end zone.
  • The crowd went wild and proceeded to riot ending the game in a tie (we ran out of time but the crowd CAN riot or possibly kill your players during the game).

I seriously suggest looking into it at some point. Wood elves are really hard to hit (as their players are wardancers). Vampires... well, all the undead are as slow as molasses but their specialty units can hit really hard. Although I once played as Tomb Kings and spent 3 turns with my quarterback just TRYING to pick up the ball.

3 comments:

Brewmaster said...

Garrett's Glamourweavers are in a league and are 4-2 currently. My problem right now is keeping a fully healthy lineup. My darn lineman are $70k a piece and weak as hell. My two Wardancers are pretty kick ass but they tend to get all the attention of my opponents. I try to keep them away from the line due to the fact my enemy will foul them if they get knocked down.


My hardest opponents thus far have been Chaos, and Lizardman. Any team with a base STR 4 for their lineman and high AV (8-10) tend to eat my team for lunch even though I score 3-4 touchdowns. The worst game I played against Chaos I had 4 players left ON the field. 4 were injured and the others were K0ed and didn't return for the whole game. I think my Treeman injured one of his dudes overall. I currently have in progess finishing converting my Wood Elf team. They are definately a long work in progress. I have played against Orcs, Humans, Norse, Chaos, Lizards, & Dark Elves.

J said...

BWA HA HA HA, that's awesome.

Elves are hard to play. You have to constantly keep your guys off the line or they'll get their faces smashed in.

That treeman is an awesome bit of fun, when it's on your side!

How long is your league going to play?

Brewmaster said...

I also had one of my elves run to the endzone and try to do a "go for it" roll and failed the last one and killed himself. Luckily it was a crappy lineman which for Wood Elfs last about as long as a camera flash.